Eggs pipped on lockdown day, turner still in... need advice

MGillis

Hatching
Jul 16, 2020
I have seven turkey eggs that are all looking great as of Monday. Day 28 would be Saturday, so I was planning on taking the turner out this morning. But when I looked in the incubator I have 2 eggs that have very much externally pipped and peeping away. What should I do? I already unplugged the turner. Can they hatch in this upright position? What if one hatches faster than the other? When is it safe to open up and get that turner out? I have never had a hatch where they have come earlier than expected. Help! :)

I hatch them in an upright position sometimes. I think you will be fine to leave in the turner as long as the turner is not on.

I'm incubating turkey eggs now I still have 3 weeks to go on mine. Everything I've read about turkeys is pretty much the same they try to find every way possible to kill themselves the first few weeks. If it were me I would definitely take them out of the rocker and lay them down. All I can see is a bunch of spindly legs in the air with heads caught in egg rockers lol. That would be my luck anyway. I think if day 28 is Saturday today would be lockdown for them anyway?

Back
Top Bottom