eggs rocking while in lockdown?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by moorechicks, May 24, 2010.

1. moorechicks

moorechicks Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2010
    Carthage,Tx
    I went on lock down yesterday and today my eggs are rocking back and forth. Does this mean anything? I hope they are ready cause I know I sure am.

2. fishfarmer

fishfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2010
    Twin Cities
    It means you did everything correctly. Now all you have to do is wait until they hatch, which can be minutes or hours or even a day away. The rocking is from the chick moving inside trying to peck through the membrane and shell.

3. moorechicks

May 5, 2010
    Carthage,Tx
    WOW!! I am soooooo excited!!! [​IMG] Now lets see if I can wait until the hatch [​IMG] I am so ready for them sweet babies [​IMG] Thank you so much!

4. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Sounds like a good sign to me. Sounds like they are getting into hatching position. Happy hatching!

5. moorechicks

May 5, 2010
    Carthage,Tx
    yay they just need to pip and zip and what ever else they do lol..

6. chickintexas

chickintexas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Spring Branch
    Find something to keep you busy or you'll end up doing what I did....Sitting in a chair in front of the hatcher and staring. [​IMG]

7. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    If they're duck eggs could be TWO more days. Ducks will try your patience, lol.

Congrats, sounds like they're doing great. And second the notion to go find something to do. I drive myself crazy during hatch. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by