Eggs rolled after lockdown

Penny3445

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 19, 2014
Help, I am in lockdown and my daughter bumped the bator and the eggs rolled. what do I do? will they die.

As long as they didn't smack together and crack they are fine. Just wait until you have a couple chicks hatch and they start bowling with the other eggs...lol
goodpost.gif
Yep! After the first one comes out, dries off, and perks up, he/she'll be bumping the eggs all over the place. I think the bumping of the already hatched chick kind of helps encourage the ones pipping and zipping to keep going.

Good luck!

They just went in lockdown yesterday, so I thought they had to get in position and they could not be moved. I'm new at this.

They just went in lockdown yesterday, so I thought they had to get in position and they could not be moved. I'm new at this.

No problem. The reason you take out the turner (if you have one) is to keep any hatchlings from getting tangled. It is my understanding the moving them during incubation is to strengthen the embryo (or something like that) and the movement really isn't necessary at the very end, but if they are moved it won't hurt them. Keeping the lid closed and the humidity in is more important at hatching time. You must give a hatch report when you have babies!

No problem. The reason you take out the turner (if you have one) is to keep any hatchlings from getting tangled. It is my understanding the moving them during incubation is to strengthen the embryo (or something like that) and the movement really isn't necessary at the very end, but if they are moved it won't hurt them. Keeping the lid closed and the humidity in is more important at hatching time. You must give a hatch report when you have babies!
If turning is not done in the early stages the embryo will stick to the shell membrane against the side of the egg and it can cause abnormal growth.

Back
Top Bottom