Eggs set Jan 21st- first time hatcher

bordergurl

Songster
9 Years
Oct 26, 2010
Niagara Region
Decided to give my Brinsea Mini Advance a try. Set 7 eggs 8pm Friday Jan 21- 1 month to the date that I received my Brinsea! Weighed, charted, incubator all warmed up, temp steady at 37.5 C. 20 minutes after I put the eggs in, the low temp warning went off. Panicked and found in the manual how to turn that annoying sound off! After 45 minutes the temp climbed back to 37.5 where it has been holding steady for 13 hrs! Soo, I'm guessing that the eggs were room temp 20 degrees C and that brought the temp down?

My roo is a barred rock, and I set eggs from my Columbian rock (best layer), barred rock, red sex link & black sex link (hangs out in the duck pen). Average weight of eggs 69.1 grams (2.4 oz for my non metric friends). If my hatch is successful, I have someone willing to take them as day olds (I will not become a crazy chicken lady!) This is my test batch as I hope to hatch my Khaki Campbell eggs in the spring (and maybe the Cayuga's).

The fan on the Brinsea is loud and rather annoying and has attracted the attention of my siamese cat and weimaraners.....

Yeah yeah belive what you want.Once you do the first batch its all down hill from there.You will become the crazy chicken lady,just except it.

Starting out like you are you'll be a chicken hatching nut case in a short time.
once that first batch hatches you can't wait for the next one.
I know I set eggs every 7 days like taking medicine, every weekend is hatch day.

Back
Top Bottom