Eggs set on Friday the 13th of May

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JestersEye, May 14, 2011.

1. JestersEye

JestersEye Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Mullica Twp., NJ
    I just set a batch of 24 BLRW eggs in my incubator. I have a Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO with the autoturn cradle, and have always had good hatches from it, btw. These eggs will be due to hatch on Friday, June 3rd or so. [​IMG]

I was wondering if anyone else had set eggs that recently and would like to be hatch buddies? [​IMG]

I am also getting ready to set some more eggs in the next day or so that include 6 pure BLRW (brown eggs) and 11 BLRW/EE mix (olive eggs).

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. campochicks

campochicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    I just set 3 eggs under my broody today. I expect they will be due Saturday June 4, the day before summer camp starts! (I'm an equestrian director at a camp in Illinois) The hen's name is Madame Zaroni. She's my second hen to go broody, my first batch is due next weekend!

All my chickens are just barnyard mixes, with a barred rock roo. I gave her one from my EE, and 2 of the brown eggs, so who knows what I'll get!

3. JestersEye

Aug 12, 2008
    Mullica Twp., NJ
    Quote:Welcome to the thread! It's good to have someone to share my addiction with... My husband tolerates it okay, but he really doesn't "get" it. [​IMG]

4. JestersEye

Aug 12, 2008
    Mullica Twp., NJ
    I candled my eggs yesterday evening and the results look good. Out of the 24 BLRW eggs I set, 15 are developing and should go into lockdown on Tuesday, May 31st. The nine eggs that I took out were mostly clear with a few showing blood rings. Most either weren't fertile, or they stopped developing very early on. These were shipped eggs, so that could account for the moderate fertility rate. I'm using a Brinsea Eco 20 with the auto turner, which has always given me excellent hatches in the past. Therefore, I am expecting these 15 to do well during the last week of incubation. Hatch day on June 3rd or so! [​IMG]

Oh, and I also set another batch this week on May 26th that will be due to hatch on June 16th. This batch includes 5 pure BLRW eggs, 11 BLRW x EE (olive eggs), and 6 light blue eggs from my own blue Americauna. Our only surviving roo is a splash Andalusian so I'm wondering how any chicks will turn out. Should prove interesting! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by