Eggs soon? Or still no rent paying longer?

zoe1103

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2020
Virginia
Hi! I have 4 wellsummer pullets, the one in question (🤔) has a HUGE (pretty large actually compared to the others) comb and big waddle. She squats as soon as I open the coop door with her wings spread apart. She’s been investigating the laying boxes too, but not squatting in them. Also she’s usually a jerk and runs from me, now she’s just squatting right in front of me. She is 26 weeks... any ideas? Pics attached. Also it gets dark earlier so I have a feeling it might be till next spring. F216A4FA-74F2-436A-A7CB-0DE45912A9C3.jpeg 6D7BDFFC-69D1-4FA7-9BDC-9AC51E681BB0.jpeg

She’s a pullet so she will lay as soon as she’s ready but way before spring. She’s almost ready. Google how to do the pelvic check and you’ll know how close to laying she is. :fl

okay great thanks for your help!! Some people say wait until the coming spring, not sure what they mean other than daylight and weather but here in VA our winters are not typically harsh.

She’s a pullet so she will lay as soon as she’s ready but way before spring. She’s almost ready. Google how to do the pelvic check and you’ll know how close to laying she is. :fl

Back
Top Bottom