Eggs stopped rocking

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Snipes, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Snipes

Snipes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    This is my first hatch and these are mallards and I think I locked them down a bit too early on day 22, but I thought I saw a bill shadow in the air sac then. It is now day 25 and yesterday there were two eggs rockin like crazy at times, where I could sit down and watch them and they would wiggle. For that past 6 hours or so, they have not moved, or if they have, it has been slight or few and far between. No peeps. Did they probably die or are they resting? [​IMG]

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Deep breath, they are most likly takeing a rest.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  3. Snipes

May 15, 2010
    Aye yai yai, I'm going for a walk, for maybe a day![​IMG]

4. msheets

msheets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    I hope they're just resting! I'm in the same boat as you, been watching rocking duck eggs for 3 days now. If mine stop moving for a really long time, I tap the incubator easily & it usually wakes them up so they start rocking again...gives me peace of mind!

5. Snipes

May 15, 2010
    Yeah tapping seems to help. I've never heard exactly what a peep sounds like so I can't exactly peep at them lol. One of them started rocking again, but less than yesterday. The other two I saw rocking are still still. Fingers crossed for both of ours!!

6. Snipes

May 15, 2010
    [​IMG] One of the ones that had been rocking and then stopped now has a pip. I didn't hear it peep first though ????? [​IMG]
    Well, [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  7. Kitten7981

Kitten7981 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2012
    Im in the same situation at the moment... I upped the humidity yesterday and now they have stopped rocking!!! I hope I didn't kill them!!

I keep looking in at them through my peep hole in the incubator but am worried that there has been no movement in 12 hours or so... I am desperate to open it up and candle them but have managed to resist thus far... I hope they are ok...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by