Eggs stuck in the mail:( They arrived! *update* see post #12 page 2

farmgirlie1031

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2008
IA
Due to the flooding eggs that were shipped to me last week are stuck in the mail.
sad.png
What are the chances I can get a hatch when they do arrive? Or should I just throw them all out and order some more. These I got from winning a photo contest and the whatyagot swap but I don't feel it's the fault people who sent them and I would feel awful asking them to send more when we didn't know the mail would be shut down due to flooding.

Last edited:
I had eggs delayed by 12 days once (lost by PO) and several hatched when I finally got them. It depends on how long and under what conditions. Mine were lost during pretty cool weather...

I would stick them in the 'bator and see what happens. The are tough little buggers. I had an egg that was already 2 week developed sent to me by accident and it hatched, so anything is possible. Good luck!

Thank You Both. I'm hoping they at least get them to my rural mail office and I can pick them up. We are high and dry here but town is not so lucky:( I'm thinking they are delayed in one of the large flooded cities though and haven't had a chance to make it to our rural post office or I know they would have called me.

You must be near CR - I think I heard them mention Columbus Junction on the news today. Mail in DSM hasn't seemed delayed yet although the main PO isn't too far from the birdland area where the levee broke this weekend. Good luck getting them.

Got some of them:) Mail was running 2 hours late.
smile.png
Now hoping the others get here tomorrow. But some sure do smell awful:( Hoping not all of them are rotten.

Last edited:
They came from PA, TX, and OH. I think it took them longer due to the Iowa flooding. But I did just now get them after I thought today would be another no mail day. Yippee!! Now they are resting before I put them in the bator.

Quote:
ACK!!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
I am waiting on eggs from PA
sad.png
They must have gotten stalled by flooding too
sad.png
sad.png
I sure hope they get here soon!!!! How many days late did yours end up being?

Quote:
ACK!!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
I am waiting on eggs from PA
sad.png
They must have gotten stalled by flooding too
sad.png
sad.png
I sure hope they get here soon!!!! How many days late did yours end up being?

They shipped Priority but took 5-7 days to get here.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom