Eggs taste like dirt

Brazellchickys

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 15, 2012
Sacramento, California
I have four girls a Danish brown leg two barred rocks and and a black astrolorpe. Anyways the last month ive notice that some of the eggs are tasting like dirt. My husband finally noticed today so ive been searching to find out what causes it but I can't find any real answers. Help please. It's just plain gross

Do you wash the eggs before cooking? This destroys the egg's coating and stuff outside the egg can go in. What bedding do you use? Is it ever wet? Can you trace these eggs to a particular hen? Are you feeding them any garlic or onions? This can effect taste. I don't know what would be causing this, that is all I can think of.

Oh, dear, how strange. I'm sorry. That must be awful!

I bet I would toss out the feed and get a new bag, checking the date and looking for any evidence of moisture on the outside of the bag. I would get it from a new company, too, so that I didn't get some more of the same batch. Although, of course, it may not be a feed issue. earlybird10842 has some good advice. I haven't ever heard of a disease that causes that.

I really haven't a clue, but you have my condolences.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom