Eggs that got frozen?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by zeldadog, Jan 26, 2008.

1. zeldadog

zeldadog Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2007
    NC
    Hi everyone! I have not been on in a while but I have a Question. Can anyone tell me if it is ok to eat an egg that has gotten frozen overnight?

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

As long as the shell didn't crack open, it should be fine. The freezing temp of an egg is lower than water due to all the soluble proteins in it.

3. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Well my grandmother yelled at me for throwing away ones that were frozen . She's 91 yrs old and still living on her own . So guess my point is , if she's done it and still alive , go for it ![​IMG]

4. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I've used frozen eggs, my fridge temp was too cold and I froze the eggs and milk. [​IMG] They look funny going into the frying pan but were just fine otherwise.

5. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I had a few that froze, and after I thawed them, they were fine and still were100 times better than the store.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. zeldadog

zeldadog Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2007
    NC
    Thank You guys! I thought they was prabably fine but just wanted to make sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by