Eggs that taste funny

kannm

Songster
11 Years
Jan 11, 2009
I hate myself for this, but I really don't like my fresh chicken eggs. It may be just my rose-combed leghorn (at least I think she is). I have had eggs from my other chickens but usually in something (cake etc).

Does anyone else have this issue? I feel terrible because everyone says that the eggs taste so good.

The taste of fresh eggs is a bit stronger than store bought eggs and can take some adjustment if you are used to the store bought. Try scrambling some and add some cheese. You'll get used to the taste difference and then you'll think store eggs taste like cardboard.

Kannm,
At first I was the same way. I love soft eggs, but couldn't eat the fresh ones soft. I thought they tasted too stong. So I only ate the fresh ones in omelettes, with lots of veggies and cheese. Got over it in a few weeks. I still think they taste a little different-richer. Now I can only eat 2 at a sitting.
droolin.gif

Imp- probably a good thing

Thank you for your replies. I think you must be right. They do taste rich and a little 'smokey' if that makes sense at all. I will just keep eating until I get used to them.

Smokey how? Like BBQ, not clean, pasty, a fireplace, ashy? How do you house them? They are very different if you aren't used to them but in Europe, they can be even stronger. I don't know how they do it exactly, but I am still trying for the Danish egg taste.

Smokey like a good bbq pork shoulder. Not the sweet sauce, the smokey flavor from cooking. I would love it except my brain thinks eggs should not taste that way.

Back
Top Bottom