Egg's under broody - and just borrowed incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LilQtBear, Oct 4, 2011.

1. LilQtBear

LilQtBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Oregon
    Hello all -

New to chickens this spring but already had my little black cochin go broody - figured what the heck why not add a few more egg layers to my flock. So Originally on 9/27 and 9/28 she was sitting on about 6 eggs - well sadly on the 2nd during a transfer of her and her eggs out of a wet area the nest fell when she got upset and all but one egg broke [​IMG] all eggs were wet, yucky and I had read about the pores and what not so I rushed her in (her whole undeside soaked from being in standing water in her nex) cleaned her and blow dried her clean the egg as carefully and best I could as I had google seached and read on here and am hoping for the best, at that time put 4 more eggs under her.
    Candled that egg last night and baby is still moving in there!! yay!

Well now I have 4 eggs 5 days behind the one plus was so excited they were actully fertile have about 5 more waiting to be incubated... or something. So I borrowed a small incubator and am tryng to figue out how i will do this. I dont know if I can put the 4 from the 2nd in the incubator today with 6 new ones?? Will search threads....

Anyway - Got one egg from 27th under broody momma alive and kickin so far and 4 more under here - and think I will add 6 more and this is my first incubation on my new farm (bought in april) We will see how it turns out!

Sept 27th - my Blue Orpington Roo over my California Grey (white with black specks)

Oct 2nd - My blue Orpington roo over 1 more California white, 2 Buff orpingtons and 1 americana

Oct 3rd - added another egg from my Blue boy over Buff orpigton

Sitting waiting to be incubated - All from my blue boy - 1 buff oprington, americana, California white

Here's Daddy [​IMG]

2. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia
    good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by