Eggs Wanted This Fall

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MagsC, Jul 27, 2008.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I am in the process of trying to find a less expensively priced incubator within the next couple of weeks or so. I am hoping also to find someone with eggs from some good layers as I hope to have a start on a small flock. My teen daughter is as excited as "I" am about it![​IMG] I am thinking Buff Orpintons or Rhode Island Reds but would be grateful for anything that is a good dual purpose (pet/laying) bird. Please send me prices and such. Thanks to all!
    Edited, see my last post. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  2. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

We have this year RIRs and next year should have the Buff ORps Let me know if you are interested.

3. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I just sent you a PM. I have mixes from pure stock if you are interested.

4. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    My girls will all be laying by then. I have Silver Lace Wyandottes, Blue Lace Red Wyandottes and Welsummers.

5. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    I have just hatched out some Buff Orphs/RIR crosses and will see what they look like in a few weeks when they feather out. I have 1 RIR roo and only 1 RIR hen left now and have 5 BO hens (no BO roo anymore [​IMG] ) all in the same coop and run.

Jayare

6. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:Oh I have 23 RIR's , 10 Black Austrolorps , 4 barred rocks, 1 old english bantam game hen , and 8 bantams . and 3 roosters . I want to add Buff Orpintons to my flock .

Good luck with your adventure .

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  7. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey [​IMG]
    I have Salmon Faverolle standards that are laying very well and they think they are a puppy [​IMG] Sent you a PM

Mike [​IMG]

8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Just bumping this because I bought my incubator. I didnt want to start another thread. I would like to find just a FEW eggs of any sort, mixes are fine to test run the bator. I have read everything right-side up, upside down and all across about incubating so keeping my fingers crossed! My daughter is excited to start too, so as stated, if someone has a few that arent too
    dear, please contact us. I would appreciate it.
    Oh and thanks to everyone who has contacted me already! There are four people I plan on buying from, my biggest concern making sure everything is in order with the incubator, or at least as well as it CAN be.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by