Eggs! YIPPEEEE!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by n.smithurmond, Nov 26, 2009.

1. n.smithurmond

n.smithurmond Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    North Georgia
    Finally! After 22 weeks of (NOT) patiently waiting one of my barred rocks has given us pretty little pink eggs three days in a row. We're so proud!

2. card5640

card5640 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Bangor area, Maine
    Congrats it is so exciting when it finally happens, I have 2 7 month old EES who have yet to lay..grr

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But, I thought barred rocks lay brown eggs????

4. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Chicken Sniffer

Chicken Sniffer Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2009
    Snohomish County
    [​IMG] The pup ate the yolk [​IMG] At least we know to keep them in the coop until at least noon.[​IMG] It's funny that it was laid next to the BBQ were we cook up the meat birds we raised:confused:

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Good for you! (and her...lol) I'm looking forward to that first egg...someday. [​IMG]

7. Eggie and Me

Eggie and Me Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Southern California
    We got our first egg on Labor Day, and we've been thrilled every day since. Congrats on your first..

8. XilverAngel

XilverAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    CONGRATS!!! [​IMG] were still waiting for that first egg to come [​IMG]

9. n.smithurmond

Jun 24, 2009
    North Georgia
    I was expecting them to be a little more brown than they are, but they really are pinkish! Like the flesh colored crayon in the crayola box [​IMG]! I haven't seen them in action but I'm almost positive it's a barred rock. They're the only ones who have been letting the rooster have his way [​IMG] and they've been acting a little sneaky. All of them are around 22 weeks, so hopefully the rest of the flock will follow suit soon. I can't wait to find a green one!

10. n.smithurmond

Jun 24, 2009
    North Georgia
    I was expecting them to be a little more brown than they are, but they really are pinkish! Like the flesh colored crayon in the crayola box [​IMG]! I haven't seen them in action but I'm almost positive it's a barred rock. They're the only ones who have been letting the rooster have his way [​IMG] and they've been acting a little sneaky. All of them are around 22 weeks, so hopefully the rest of the flock will follow suit soon. I can't wait to find a green one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by