eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mmcgruffst31, Sep 21, 2009.

1. mmcgruffst31

mmcgruffst31 New Egg

Sep 21, 2009
    We have a large quanity of eggs in the incubator and it stormed really hard (thunder, lightning). does the weather affect the development of chicks in the eggs? We were told to throw them out...Please help

2. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Why throw them out? Did the power go out for a log period of time? How long have they been incubating?

3. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    I would not throw them out due to thunder, lightning outside. I may be wrong but i dont think it has anything to do with it

4. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    You bring up an interesting point. I mean, no, no reason to throw them out, but it does make me ponder if changes in barometric pressure do anything to a hatch. I was a meteorologist in the USAF until recently, stationed at an AF base that is frequently hit by typhoons. Base policy says that once you are past 36 weeks in your pregnancy, you are required to stay at the hospital until the storm passes and the barometric pressure returns to a stable state.

Hm. Perhaps I should go back to said military base and hatch out some chickies during typhoon season. [​IMG]

~Cherlyn

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    A friend of mine told me that if a hen is setting and there is a thunderstorm it will make the eggs go bad. I don't know if it's true, but definitely don't throw them away! Candle them on day 10, then again between days 14-18 and see how they are doing. [​IMG]

6. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I recall hearing that IF it RAINS and NO EARTHWORMS come to the surface of the ground, it means that the Russians have just launched an Inter-Continental-Ballistic-Missile !!!

-Junkmanme-[​IMG]

7. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. Cherlyn