1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickendude1, Dec 19, 2010.

1. chickendude1

chickendude1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    K i have some silkie eggs that are a day late. One chick hatch on day 20 and none have pipped or hatched since. Could this be a humidity problem. I had the temp at 100.00 the whole time. The humidty for the 18 days was 45%. When i put the eggs down for lockdown i put the humidity up to 70 %. Could the other eggs have drowned or what ???

2. DPC poultry

DPC poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Mt. washington Ky
    has the temp. stayed steady between 98 and 101?

3. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    The humidity is a bit high. Are you using a still air incubator? Those need to be at 102*.

4. chickendude1

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    The temp as been 100 F for the whole period. It might have went down while refilling the water but that is all [​IMG]

5. chickendude1

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    Quote:Im using a Sportsmen 1502 witch has a fan in it and it has stayed at 100 F

6. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Sometimes they just hatch late keep your fingers crossed.[​IMG]

7. DPC poultry

DPC poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Mt. washington Ky
    i am agreeing with Robo i had a buff hatch a day and a half after all of my others were out, where did u get the eggs from?

8. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    I've had one that hatched this morning day 22 and the others are the same as yours....nothing. I got one out a couple hours ago and candled it and its moving real slow in there but definitely ready to hatch..... Stay patient (like i'm one to talk) and good luck to your chicks, hopefully they will be pipping and hatching soon.

9. chickendude1

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    Some i got from my own silkies and Some were from one of our friends. I hope they hatch though [​IMG]

10. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I had a red star hatch at day 24. The temp was two degrese low for a few days though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by