eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SelenaLuvChicks, Oct 23, 2011.

1. SelenaLuvChicks

SelenaLuvChicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Can any tell me where or how can i get or make a chicken coop before they start laying the eggs. help [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    how old are they? do you know anyone with a dog kennel... tarp it in and build some boxes off the floor and some roost.. seams a bit redneck but mine love their coop. and I have it so that on nice days or in the summer I can roll the side flaps up and let fresh air in or roll them down when its cold or raining.. easy peasy ...

3. tamglas

tamglas Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    We got our coop from someone who had a listing on Craigslist. It was already built and the person was kind enough to deliver and install it. It's very well built and the entire process only took about a week.

Good luck!

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:Selena.... [​IMG]

A dog kennel is a great idea. If you can't afford that, do a make shift coop area of your own. A lot of folks use the chicken wire to post up a good area for them to run, and then board up a lean to with enough room for them all to get inside. Get some nice shavings or straw for them. You will want to make a spot in the lean to for a nexting area...just have fun with it. You will want something you can cover that..like someone said, some tarp. There's my two cents. [​IMG]

I found this post.... just for a thought on making your own... post number 9 https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=588756

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:Hey Tamglas... [​IMG] ~~ to you too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by