Eggs!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chick1043, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Hey! So currently I only have one hen laying! The rest are too young. I love to bake!! And baking includes eggs! Store bought eggs (as you know) don't have hardly any protein and nutrition. What brand of eggs do you recommend I buy until the rest of the girls start laying? Thanks.

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    My birds are all in various stages of molting, so I had to buy eggs recently. However, I bought from a friend who sells. That way I am helping to support a friend, a local small farm, and am getting good eggs as well. Anyone sell in your area?

3. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Yay Chicks! :

My birds are all in various stages of molting, so I had to buy eggs recently. However, I bought from a friend who sells. That way I am helping to support a friend, a local small farm, and am getting good eggs as well. Anyone sell in your area?

Not that I know of...​

4. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Back in the day we used to buy organic eggs at our local food co-op. They're about the same price as the big grocers. Definitely shop around! Maybe check craigslist for anyone selling in your area?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by