eggs

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by prairie, Feb 29, 2012.

1. prairie

prairie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    Kansas
    Can anyone tell me if they think this might be a guinea egg. I have 6 old hens who lay regularly and our guineas are with them. Guineas are about 7 months old and I think this might be one of the first eggs from our 3 female guineas. Apparently 2 eggs were laid but one had a shell so think that it was broke and laying just outside the nest. This one is intact. About a week ago I got 2 mis-shapened with no shell just a rubbery kind of outside.

The egg on the right is kind of a lite tanish color and our hens don't lay that color. We do have ameracanas but they lay the green eggs.

Could this be my guineas starting to lay?
    [​IMG]

2. GuineaLady93

GuineaLady93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop
    I'm not sure. Its hard to see in that picture.
    Here is a picture of my guinea's eggs. (the dirty greenish blueish eggs at the top are duck eggs)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  3. prairie

prairie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    Kansas
    Thanks, I will keep watching and see if I can see the guineas in the nests. These eggs are in nests that my hens don't usually use.

Hubby just said to check the egg to see if it is a fertile egg -- we have male and female guineas but only have female chickens. Will let you know if I find anything out for sure.
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by