$eggs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redstarfather, Aug 23, 2013.

1. redstarfather

redstarfather Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2013
    Land of Ooo
    How much should i sell a dozen of my eggs for?(i havent sold any yet, still have to wait for ALL my girls to lay and egg cartons)

2. TTracy

TTracy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Western Michigan
    It really just depends on where you are located. I have seen some organic stores in my area sell them for up to $5.00 a dozen! Most of the local farmers sell from $2.00 to $3.00 a dozen.

3. redstarfather

Aug 22, 2013
    Land of Ooo
    ok thanks

4. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    Try visiting a local farmers' market and check out the prices there. [​IMG] Eggs from free-range, organically fed hens usually go for a lot more than eggs from hens that are fed a standard commercial feed. Some buyers will pay even more for organic soy-free fed also. If you go to check out your local prices, make sure you compare to others who raise and feed their chickens similarly to the way you do.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  5. redstarfather

Aug 22, 2013
    Land of Ooo
    ok

6. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Yes, it depends on how they are fed and raised. In my area, regular "farm fresh" eggs start around $1.50 and go up from there depending on the farm practices. Free range, organic, soy free, etc all matters. Anywhere from the $1.50 on up to $4 or so. I get $3 for mine if I ever sell any. Partial free range and organic fed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by