EGGS!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SGM, Sep 16, 2008.

1. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I have been checking my nest boxes almost without a point. One of my blue hens is occasionally laying like every 2 days and skip a day. The other 2 she's with haven't laid since we brought them home.

Anyway, I check the nest boxes a couple times a day hoping I'll be surprised by a new egg in the box. Well today I was looking and what do I find in the Ameraucana chicken tractor box? A green egg!!!! I was beside myself excited. You know what I mean though some people would think I'm crazy. Haha

Well I just went out to see if the one blue hen who has been laying laid me an egg today but nope. When I was coming out of the run my daughter said, "what does Matthew have?" Matthew is 3 and had just been on his hands and knees under a little green shelter thing that's normally in the goat yard. Well he was standing there holding a blue egg! What???? A blue egg??? Oh my gosh! I haven't let the pair of Ameraucanas out that normally run amuck. I kept them up today due to the rain so I assume this egg was from yesterday. I am just too tickled!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Picture added!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Congrats!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I remember getting my first egg - I was so thrilled I screamed. LOL [​IMG]

3. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    It's such a great feeling isn't it. If you haven't tasted farm fresh eggs before you'll really enjoy them.

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats on the blue and green eggs. They are so pretty.

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    congrats on the rainbow of your first eggs [​IMG]

6. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Thanks! It seems one of my blue hens eggs looks pink. [​IMG] She is paler than the other one who'd been laying. It was closer to brown.

I do hope we get more blue and green eggs. [​IMG]

7. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Very pretty eggs, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. petitesphinx

petitesphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Alabama
    Congrats!! I can't wait until I get more than just 1 egg every other day or so...

Keep enjoying those organic eggs!

9. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    Ohhh, what pretty eggs [​IMG] Congratulations, I know well the thrill of the first month of the hens finally laying; it seems as though you have waited forever! [​IMG]

10. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Thanks everyone! Yes it sure has seemed like I've waited FOREVER for eggs. I'm so glad they've started laying! I hope they continue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by