Eggs.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by anac1979, Oct 31, 2014.

1. anac1979

anac1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    FL
    We have 7 Light Brahma eggs & 4 Cream Legbar eggs in the 'bator. Today is day 18! These are the 1st test run on this 'bator. Hoping they all hatch as all seemed to have chicks when we candled. So eggcited! lol Keeping our fingers crossed. [​IMG]

2. Thejperez

Thejperez Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Florida
    Hope they all hatch :D I have some in my homemade incubator. This is a test run too. I have five duck eggs and four chickens. One has two yolks. It was just a why not moment when we did that.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Good luck to both of you hope you have great hatches :frow

4. anac1979

Feb 18, 2010
    FL
    Thank you!!! Me too...Not our 1st time hatching but 1st time with this 'bator..hope it's a good one...

5. anac1979

Feb 18, 2010
    FL
    We have one BIG egg in there now..couldn't tell if it was a double yolker or not though...good luck with yours as well...:)

6. Dcat

Dcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2014
    AA County Maryland
    Sounds like a few of us have new incubators, LOL. I just built a new and much better one and have my first test hatch due on November 8. Started with about 20 eggs, all but five were clears. These five seem to be doing everything perfectly. I'm doing another test with this hatch as these eggs were refrigerated too. I am so looking forward to these babies hatching. I want to do a bigger hatch for Easter and am working through any bugs this one has. So far the only thing I have to work on is to get the humidity up and keep it there for longer than just a couple hours. I have a feeling I will be adding water every twelve hours or so but it's still so much better than my first incubator.
    G'luck to everyone!

7. anac1979

Feb 18, 2010
    FL
    Yeah...we bought ours off ebay...it only holds 48 eggs but I think it's better than the styrofoam jobs...I really miss the 'bator my husband made a few years back...we had to leave it in FL when we moved...a friend still has it but she's just storing it as she doesn't hatch eggs...it's huge..4' tall x 3' wide & always had almost 95% hatch rate...on another note...we have 2 pipping today...:) one Legbar & one Brahma...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by