eggs

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

It mostly depends on the temperature. Many people keep eggs out of the refrigerator all the time and don't have any problems. A couple of hours or so wouldn't hurt, I'd think. I always put my eggs in the referigerator whenever I get them.

I did research on this topic and was surprised to find that in Europe, eggs are sold off the shelf, not from the fridge. I don't remember how long it is but I think a month isn't unreasonable as long as you haven't washed them. Once theyre washed, I put them in the fridge. It's easy to google an exact answer.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I have heard that they can be kept on the shelf or counter at normal room temp for about one week before they start to degrade. I have never kept eggs this way, but in the old days, this was how it was done.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

If you buy eggs from the store, the bloom, protective membrane barrier, has been washed off. They have to be refrigerated. Fresh eggs don't unless you wash them and remove the bloom. I do refrigerate mine though, because there's only 2 of us and I want them to stay fresh longer. I have, occasionally, forgotten to refrigerate some and have eaten them with never a problem.

Back
Top Bottom