eggsplosion

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jj ranch, Jan 15, 2009.

1. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    does this happen? unfert. eggs in bator. i know of 4 pos not fert. should i take them out. we are on day 16. [​IMG] i cant see through the brown eggs. if it happens what do you do?

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    If you know 100% they arent fertile then yes I would toss them, No need to keep em in there !!!! You wouldnt want anything exploding in there, ewww !!!

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    if they are clear at day 16 tack them out. if your brown eggs are not glowing when candled they look 'solid' with an air pocket on one end those are good if you are not shure leave them in it not going to be a problem.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    A full bator is a stable bator. I leave all my eggs in there unless I need the room or they start stinking. I have at least 17 in one now that are clear, and they will stay. I have 2 bators of my own, and another one that is borrowed right now, but in another week I will need all of them. It is easier to do it that way than to try to regulate the temps with only 1 or 2 dozen eggs in there. If an egg is bad, it will start to weep. It will also start to stink. Just check periodically to make sure none have gone bad and they should be fine.

You can also use baggies of water or small jars of water to help hold the temps, but I haven't had an egg explode yet. I have only had one that was a stinker, and that one was brought in from a hen's nest that she left.

5. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    that helps thanks to all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by