eggy eggs :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Caat, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    Last week I got my first egg! I was sooo eggcited (I know, I know, corny lol) it was in the run, hubby said to pick it up before "something happened" and of course, a chicken fell on the egg! but! Eggs are surprizingly resilliant (dear lord, please forgive all the spelling mistakes) and it didn't break, so I scooped it up. It was sooo tiny! well tiny to me. We've since ate the yummy egg and collected another 7! it's pretty disapointing to go to the coop in the AM and find nothing but then exciting when I come home from work to find one or two eggs! Also, I finished building the nest boxes last night and my hubby helped me get it into the coop [​IMG] This morning I was soooo hoping to find an egg in the nest boxes but there was nada... [​IMG] BUT! my girls didn't disapoint this evening when I got home... there was an egg in the first box and someone had just laid an egg on the coop floor, my hands were cold, it felt so very warm in my hand! That was the best thing ever! I can't wait for more [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. farmerinKC

farmerinKC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I know! Eggs are so exciting after all the work and care to get to this point! [​IMG] I thought the first egg I picked out of the nest box was the cutest, tiny little thing! I have nine chickens and today I got eight eggs-still very exciting! [​IMG]

I've discovered several in the run as well-It's like...whoops! [​IMG]

3. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    it's funny, but I'm so glad I started keeping chickens (and a turkey) [​IMG] I didn't think getting eggs would be this exciting!

4. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful! And it looks big. I think our eggs are barely bigger than a toonie. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by