1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Chickens_in_a_nutshell

Chickens_in_a_nutshell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Montana
    I've seen the Eglu chicken coops and I have to say they look cool. I like the modern look and it's portable.

But I'm curious if they're efficient, are they easy to clean and such? Are they well built? I figure they have to be for 200 to 400 dollars but I'd really like to know.

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    In my honest opinion they are too small and WAY too expensive. I guess if you were raising only like 2 chickens and had the extra money. they might be ok. I prefer more space for my chickens.

3. CatDaddyAlbert

CatDaddyAlbert NoFeathersRuffled

Apr 22, 2011
    Gumboro, Delaware
    It seems that for the most part when people get them, and get them set up they are not happy with them. You can get some good advice here as well as Google them and look at the reviews.

Good luck whatever choice you make.

4. derryconnell

derryconnell Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2014
    had my Cube for a couple of years...it's been fantastic and can't think of any negatives....yes, they're expensive but you get what you pay for!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by