1. guineahen14

guineahen14 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2010
    Shelbyville Tn
    I just purchased an Eglu Cube for my Serama chickens, I have two large coops for my standard chickens, but after buying my pair of Serama, I found out quickly that it is too dangerous for them to range with my larger birds. It will arrive the end of July and I can't wait. Does anyone have any experience with keeping bantams in this type of setup? One problem I noticed from pictures is that the ladder doesn't go all the way to the ground.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I've seen those coops in person and they're very cute. Don't know how they would be for winter weather though.....

3. spike844

spike844 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2010
    Virginia beach, VA
    Quote:The seramas should be able to jump up to it. It shouldn't be that big of a problem, probably the best chicken breed to have with that setup.

-Noah

4. Lady Henevere

Lady Henevere Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Los Angeles County
    The ladder is pretty close to the ground; the chickens should be able to get to it. One issue a couple of us have had is that the chickens seem to have a bit of trouble navigating the ladder itself, so we have zip-tied plastic poultry netting to the ladder, which has fixed the problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by