1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egyptian Fayoumi??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FaerieChicken, Feb 25, 2016.

1. FaerieChicken

FaerieChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2013
    Central Coast California
    I had a rooster who was an Egyptian Fayoumi, could he have sired this chick? I cant figure out what other possible breed she came from. I only hatched barred rocks, buff orps, RIR hens eggs/brown eggs (I think, as the other 2 chicks, 1 is RIR-strong, other is Barred Rock-strong) and she hatched from a brown egg. The only other 2 roosters were a barred rock and a rainbow one that I could never figure out what he was. All very active..

These 4 pics are of the rainbow rooster that we never knew what he possibly was. Tripple rowed krinkle comb, absolutely gorgeous. Highly protective, and very husky/meaty like with pale legs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the Egyptian, on the outside of the cage.....
    [​IMG]

The little baby that I have hatched on 1/2/16, about 8 weeks old, she has really dark legs, and she is this silver penciled type feathering. At first I thought she was Silver Laced.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    No way he could have gotten that comb from the fayoumis side, can you give a list of all the roos?

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    I do not think the father of that bird is a Fayoumi, but you never know.

1 person likes this.
  4. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    as for this girl my guess is, she has some fayoumis in her because of the chest feathers.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    Your rooster looks to have Gold Laced Wyandotte blood and the chick does look to have Fayoumi blood.

1 person likes this.
  6. FaerieChicken

Sep 26, 2013
    Central Coast California
    I had a Barred Rock, the Rainbow one Pictured above and the Fayoumi. The hens were all different possibilities. I posted recent pics on FB last night of this chick as I was able to grab her out from momma and take some selfies with her. Lots of comments that it is a she. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The white rooster up front is the remaining of the coyote attack that had taken out the 3 roos just before christmas, he was NOT active at that time, he had barely started crowing. There are some of the girls we have in the background. We had also lost 5 other girls during that same coyote attack.
    The brown egg laying hens possibly hatched from were Barred Rock, Rhode Island Red, Buff Orpington, a white one that we call Kitty Purry (Katy Perry rendition that my girls named her <3 she in the picture way in back), the black one and the Silver one just started laying after the hatch so they are not the mommas. Oh and I have a Welsummer.
    [​IMG]
    These are the 2 other babies that hatched with her. This is the silkie that hatched them, not her eggs, I swapped out the eggs because I didn't want silkies or feathered feed :(

[​IMG]
    This is her as a chick just a few days old! She was a really pretty Red-Brown color, and her legs have gotten much darker than they are in the pick, I will try and get the other pics of her up later.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  7. FaerieChicken

Sep 26, 2013
    Central Coast California
    Oh wow, that is nice to know about the one possibly having been GLW mixed, probably hatchery quality as I got him from some one who had the white one we call Kitty Purry and a little RIR we named Penny Pester, she always pestering other chickens, and the dogs, and the kids, and coming in the house, up on the counters, beds, dressers.... LOL any ways... This is nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by