Egyptian Fayoumis Thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by roocrazy, Jul 21, 2011.

1. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i am interested in getting these birds so show pics, talk bredding stratagies, and talk about their uniqueness.

LETS GET THIS THREAD STARTED!!!!

2. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    I just ordered 12 eggs from a breeder off Ebay! I am hoping they will be as nice as I am hoping.

3. Dzwina

Dzwina Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    I have ten coming in the spring from Mcmurray (no real intrest in showing, just love 'wilder' fowl). I would also love to see some pics, hear some thoughts?

4. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    i think im goonne get this feb 2012 they are so beautiful

5. paynemom

paynemom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    Robinson, TX
    I'm not sure why I ordered some, but I did and they are due next week. Hope they turn out well.

6. UrbanEnthusiast

UrbanEnthusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2012
    Port Orford, Oregon
    Any updates? How are these birds as layers? How loud are they? Do they seem to be pretty consistent across the board as far as individual personalities and laying? Or does it vary greatly from one bird to another? I can't have any roosters so I'm just wondering what the hens are like as I am definitely getting more hens in the spring and I really love "wild"-type chickens. I would really like to have one of these as a "watchdog" for our flock as we have many predators around here. But I can't seem to find much info about them on BYC or anywhere else!

7. ChicksandWeeds

ChicksandWeeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    Northern California
    I love them - the roosters (and i see you can't have any) are VERY watchful, my most watchful roos - they all seem very good foragers and the pullets are very sweet. got 2 females (out of 5) - laid early and regularly, eggs small to medium - they let me know when they want to go in the nestbox but are in another part of the garden. The pullets seem to be ok with the babies too (after 8 weeks or so). I can leave them all day together unsupervised, not so with my blue andalusians.
    This here is my most insistent helper - she wants to be wherever i mess around in the garden. They seem a little talkative at times, more so than the blue andalusians, but less than my buttercups. If you have a facebook account - i got more pics there, Actually, the fayoumis have they own album. I really like them, would have more any time. IF you want LARGE eggs - they are not first choice.

[​IMG]

8. EasttexasOutbac

EasttexasOutbac New Egg

Dec 23, 2012
    Spurger, Tx 77660
    I was just wondering how your Egyptian Fayoumis turned out, I have some and need two are three more young roosters.

9. boorock

boorock New Egg

Feb 1, 2012
    Mine Fayoumis
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're active, alert and good foragers. They can be a little bit of noisy. I keep 5 hen and a rooster, fertility is not a problem

10. ClareD

ClareD Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2012
    New Mexico
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fayoumi babies?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by