Egyptian Hodoms

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by peeps7, Sep 30, 2007.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have a pair of Egyptian Hodoms and I was just wondering if ya'll have ever heard of that breed.

2. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    No, they don't look like either of those. They don't have those polish looking puffs on their head. They look similar(notice I said SIMILAR!) to silkies. I'm going to sell the eggs. I know they are a rare breed and I was just wondering if anybody had heard of them. I'll try and post pics but I'm not sure how.

3. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Oh yeah, They also have feathers on their feet.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Gosh, Feathersite has every breed known to man, I thought and then some. They don't have those listed at all. Can you post a picture? We'd like to see them.

5. Well, I'm intrigued. I've looked all around and can't find any reference to Hodoms so you're going to have to fill in the blanks [​IMG]

You said they are similar to Silkies.
    What are the characteristics that distinguish them from Silkies?
    Are they silkie-feathered and black-skinned?

I'm just so curious! I even sent an email to an Egyptian chicken-enthusiast I corresponded with a while ago to see if he had any idea [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Well it may not be spelled like Hodom. The difference between them and silkies are 1. they have feathers instead of "puff", 2. They are Egyptian, 3. They don't have 5 toes (I think), 4. The rooster has a beautiful reddish/purpleish comb on the front of his face, 5.The hen has beautiful blue lobes on the sides of her head. I wish I could post a picture but like I said my camera cord is gone. [​IMG] I'm planning on selling the eggs (after I get some in the bator.).

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    If you intend to sell eggs, you're going to need to post pics of the adults... otherwise I don't see you selling any. :|

8. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Trust me, I know. WHY DID I HAVE TO LOSE THAT CORD!!!!!!!!! I'll try and find it tomorrow. They are really beautiful birds and the hen is the sweetest bird ever. The rooster is not mean to me and for a rooster he is sweet.

9. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    They sound very interesting, We'll be waiting on the pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by