Egyptian Walking Onion Bulbs FS/ NE OK

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChinaChicks1, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ChinaChicks1

ChinaChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    NE Oklahoma
    I've got several sets i've harvested and these are Organic. The Walking onion is very prolific and will come back every year..make sure you have a large bed for them. They are a green onion and you can harvest them twice a year.

One clump of bulbs (that's about 5 bulbs or so)for $7 and that includes shipping. I accept paypal or money order. PM me for more information.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I have some I was given when I moved to a new house after having my kids. I actually harvest them as needed, year round. I do let some of them be, in the spring and summer, so that they make babies...

Plant them around your rose bushes and they make the rose bushes healthier! They drive away many bad guy bugs...

3. ChinaChicks1

Jan 30, 2007
    NE Oklahoma
    yeah, that's what i do with that bed there..harvest as needed anytime i want. I've got another space that is terrifically huge where they spread everywhere..lol!

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Yeah, they are almost a functional weed, if you know what I mean. I love it that they aren't fussy and want to grow!
    These are the only onions we do grow, since they stay good in the ground all winter. Just have to make sure I leave a few for spring!
    I grow chives as my only other 'oniony' plant.

Stuff a bunch of Egyptians in a chicken and then put the chicken in a crock pot all day with a little water. YUMMY! That broth is to die for...

5. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    so can i just plant them if i want or are those just for eating?

i would love to plant some by my antique roses.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  6. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Ohhhhh I want some
    PM sent.
    Susan

7. ChinaChicks1

Jan 30, 2007
    NE Oklahoma
    blue you can just plant them by your roses..you don't have to eat them if you don't want to..but they are wonderful.

Susan..pm received and one sent back..thank you!

8. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow the bulbs just arrived in today's mail.
    Thank You.

Now, remind me: can I pretty much put them anywhere in the garden and then move them if/as/when I have a better idea where I am going to want them to stay? I sort of got it that they aren't particularly fussy???? But if that's wrong, let me know.

Thanks again

Susan

You know, that was just dumb of me. I just went back and read through the thread and the answers to all of my questions are there: yup....easy....anywhere....

LOL

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  9. ChinaChicks1

Jan 30, 2007
    NE Oklahoma
    I still have lots of bulbs available if anyone is interested..Thanks!

10. Melilem

Melilem Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    I got my onions in the mail today, thank you! I cant wait to harvest my own, I've heard such great things about them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by