Eighteen day old Dominiques...

Coreyboy18

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
New Orleans, LA
Ok, so I got these three chicks from a neighbor who had to buy twenty-five chicks in order to get the Dominiques that he wanted. I built a coop and had been looking to get some chicks for a while, but had a hard time deciding on a breed. So, I chose these three due to convenience and "who they were". They are beautiful, and after studying the breed, I realized that I have some amazing chicks on my hands. With that said, I certainly can't keep a rooster because I live in the city. I don't think any of my neighbors would mind, except one, but I don't want to take chances. Besides, I want the eggs just as much as the company. Anyway, I know that it is a bit early but I can't help but notice subtle differences in the three. What do you think?

Soleil
60821_photo.jpg

Edie
60821_photo2.jpg

Artemis
60821_photo3.jpg

Close up of Artemis
60821_photo4.jpg

Close up of Edie
60821_photo5.jpg

All three! (Bottom to top: Soleil, Artemis, Edie)
60821_photo6.jpg

So, after the pictures, do any strike you as a baby roo (I know it is way early)? I'm not going to say, but I have my suspicions, and would like to hear from you first. Thanks!
fl.gif

Gosh, I was afraid of that. The temperament is also much different... Now, what to do with a two and a half week old rooster? I may see if the guy I got him from will take him back/trade him out.

And THANKS for such quick replies!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom