El Pollo Loco on my hands...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chicksrcool, Jan 13, 2010.

1. chicksrcool

chicksrcool Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    SoCal
    2 of my RIR's have been laying for the past couple of weeks. The first one to start was about 4.5 months old. Well the one that started laying first squawks and carries on A LOT throughout the day. She is really really noisy [​IMG]. We live in a very suburban environment, the houses are very close together and I feel like she is almost as noisy as a rooster! Is she is any pain from the laying? I know if it were me trying to squeeze something like that out I might have some complaints as well. One time there was a tinge of blood on the egg, so I'm thinking there must be a certain level of pain that is associated with egg laying. But since I cannot talk to her and have her give me a reason for her displeasure I thought I would check here. Also I was thinking that maybe she is needing some rooster love, with all her hormones raging [​IMG]. The funny thing is there is a rooster that crows somewhere in the distance everyday (I have no idea where he lives), and the girls hear him. Just yesterday this "el pollo loco" of mine flew onto our roof!!!! I wonder if she is trying to find out where he lives so she can pay him a visit or something [​IMG]

2. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    one of mine is a singer too. I think she is happy, the more she is laying the more she does this continual talking. During molt she became silent, not a peep. Now she is talking everytime I go out there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by