1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Elbert County, Colorado-New chicks today!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Cali, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Cali

Cali New Egg

Feb 17, 2012
    Elbert County, Colorado
    I'm brand new to chick raising... and jumped in today with both feet! I'd been checking things out and asking questions at Elizabeth Country Corner just off Hwy 86. The peeps there have been awesome answering questions and steering me in the right direction. I came home today with 3 chicks... one Buff Orpington and two California White chicks (well, cuz I am one!) I got the last Orpy they had. More coming in two weeks, so I have 3 more on order. I am already in love with them! I've met the nicest people just talking about chickens!

Just wanted to recommend the guys and gals at Elizabeth Country Corner. They really seemed to know their stuff. Didn't try to "over sell" me. I will be back to see them soon. I loooooove my new babies!!

Thanks for letting me gush!! Whoooo-hooo!

Cali in Colorado

2. saellis

saellis Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2012
    FEMA Region VIII
    My Coop
    I got 6 Black Australorps from the same store on Feb 25. All birds are doing well and I agree with you that the folks there are very helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by