Elderly parents can be so....

Quote:
When my Dad was 26 years younger he would come to visit my son and call him "Brian". I would correct him that my son's name is Shawn. His answer? "Well, I think you should have named him Brian."
roll.png

Oh goodness..... I've always been daffy and somewhat forgetful and certainly always multi tracking, so when I forget something, please y'all don't blame it on my Age which shall remain unknown to this board......

But one little aside, when I had a desk job before full-time farming there was an older lady who was one cubicle away from me and bless her heart, she always talked to herself.....I was so distracted because I thought she was talking to me....so I had to do my work, answer my phones, do my reivews, etc. .And sometimes she was talking to me but mostly she was talking herself through the work of the day.....

So I figure it's probably be what I do in a few years!!!! talking to myself...... Problem was that she answered:)

Last edited:
i don't think age has anything to do with it.. i am 57 and daughter is 30 and we were getting ready to go camping.. we needed a thermos for kool aid that the kids would be drinking.. we pile into the car and drove to wal mart and there my daughter and i sat.. and sat... and laughed and sat somemore.. neither one of us could remember what we were there for.. we still laugh about it. but now 3 yrs later i can tell you exactly what it was we needed lol.... brains and a memory lol

Quote:
When my Dad was 26 years younger he would come to visit my son and call him "Brian". I would correct him that my son's name is Shawn. His answer? "Well, I think you should have named him Brian."
roll.png

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom