Electric Capon Tools?

crperdue

Songster
11 Years
Oct 30, 2008
Lake Waccamaw, NC
Ran across this and had to grab it.

17846_img_0395.jpg

It has two electric tools, a scalpel and a gland remover. I need to find a source of power
thats 2volts and 20 amps. Ebay has proven useless. Do they even make batteries
that will work?

17846_img_0396.jpg

It also came with these tools:

17846_img_0397.jpg

I picked this book up with it. It was published in 1926 by the same guy who made
the tools, George Beouy of Cedar Vale, Kansas.

17846_img_0398.jpg

The tool set did not come with insructions, but I found an Ebay auction for some old
agriculture papers that happened to include the instructions for this exact set. If I can
get my scanner to work I'll post the instructions.

Anyone else think this is cool or am I just weird?

be sure you tell radio shack 2v but 20amp is verry verry imp i dont think a new power suply is 20amp but read the box , hope im wrong good luck that is way cool eaven if it dose not work it's still cool history

I'd be interested to hear If you come up with a suitable transformer as I have some of the electric tools myself. The old fashioned automotive batteries that had the exposed lead connectors on top joining the cells would work if you could find one. Each cell of an automotive battery is 2V. Wonder if one could figure out how to tap into a modern closed top battery?

YES... that is way cool! so once you get a power source you are actually gonna give them a try?

and i think we are all a little weird..
wink.png
If you did not get the manual, it shows using 2 1.5 volt lantern batteries wired Parallel. And that is not 20 amps, its 20 watts. I have a set I use several times a year.

Back
Top Bottom