I have never had a problem like this with the electric fence. I have good quality electric tape on tposts and no matter what charger we hooked up or how many times we checked the fenceline it would not work beyond about 10' and if you touch the posts you get zapped. Today after another escaped horse we put up a strand of electric wire which works on the small pasture. However it loses power quickly as you go around the pasture so someone grabbed a post while leaning down to check the charger and *zap*. The insulators are on right, the wire and the rail both aren't touching the posts, but it seems like every insulator is leaking to the posts and grounding the fence. There's a good several foot deep ground because we were running the charger on about 2miles of double rail fence line. Right now it's only running the smaller pasture which is probably not even 1000' and only 1 rail. Any ideas to get my electric tape working again before we run out of hay? Like I said this has never happened and we've had this fence up for probably 8years.