1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Electric fence question

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by thechickenfarmer, Jul 17, 2007.

1. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hi All,
    My husband and I just bought a portable mesh electric fence and solar fencer. We bought everything at blue seal but unfortunately the manager wasn't to helpful and there weren't complete directions with either the fencer or the fence. We figured it out with the help of the manager at our local tractor supply and it's up and working. Does anyone know what the voltage should read (we bought a tester)? My goal is to keep out neighborhood dogs but I don't want it to harm the chickens. [​IMG] Jen

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Hmmmm, Im not too sure....can you look the manufacturer up online and maybe get an idea there? We havent gone the elec fence rout...yet.

3. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    A girlfriend of mine put one up for her goats/horse and her turkeys are going to be in there also. She ended up calling the manufacturer for that info. They were very helpful if I remember correctly. She got their # on their webpage.

4. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thanks, I'll call them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by