electric Fence Works tried and tested

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by arch_cpj, May 20, 2010.

1. arch_cpj

arch_cpj Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    medina county
    So Im a night owl and at 0200 this AM Im readin a book when outside by the coop I hear a god awful scream run to the window and poor ole mister coom found out that Peanut butter licked from a electric fence wire isnt his thing the dang thing sreamed all the way into the woods and beyond my fencer is a mini weed chopper called the super bee and ist a ticker so he got a good jolt.... This is almost as good as the bug zapper!!!!!!!

2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    [​IMG] never thought about putting pb on the fence... good one!

3. WV_Hillbilly70

WV_Hillbilly70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Nashville, Indiana
    arch_cpj 1

coon 0

Awesome job, bet he'll think twice before coming around again!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe you could tape the "musical score" and play it back over loud speakers - I think coons would get the message and wouldn't even stop near your fence. Unless of course the coon is really ticked off and coming back with a coon squad of all his rabid friends.

5. hilareee

hilareee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    santa cruz, ca
    what does a screaming raccoon sound like?!

6. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Just goes to show that electric - and exclusion works.

7. arch_cpj

arch_cpj Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    medina county
    PB on the fence is a trick we first used to keep deer outta the garden Ive even gone so far as to take a juice can opener puch a few holes in a can of tuna or cat food and hang it there a couple of days teh neighbors dogs or the coons or coyotes investigate get bit and usually never come back I know my dogs dont mess with chickens but found the fence to this day I cang drag em over to the coop they run by it like 30 feet away

8. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    I have done the tuna fish myself except I made little pockets out of foil and hug them on the fence. I have yet to see any predator touch it but but would have loved to see that coon running for the woods. My fence got me early one morning and it is not a mistake I will make again anytime soon. Great story thanks for sharing.

9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    With a powerful fence charger you can slit a hot dog and slide it on to the wire. Makes an irresistible treat that will teach them just how a hot wire works.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by