Electric lawn mowers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by claud, Jun 8, 2009.

1. claud

claud Songster

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    Does anyone have an electric push-mower?
    What Brand?
    Does it work well?
    I'm looking at the Black and Decker electric lawn mower and just wondered if they're as good as a gas mower. I know the charge only lasts about an hour but what are it's mowing capabilities?

2. anydayisnow

anydayisnow In the Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Columbia SC
    i had one that was plug-in. i don't recommend that. i felt like i was vacuuming the yard every time i mowed. it cut great though, and was very quiet.

3. claud

claud Songster

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    Quote:Thanks. The ones I am looking at are cordless rechargable ones. I think a plug in cord would be mince meat if I was using it. [​IMG]

4. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

We have a plug in and it works great for our little lawn. Quiet, reliable and never uses gas or oil.

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    When I was 16 my mum called home and asked me to mow. I have 3 older brothers so that was a first for me. I told her I have no idea how, and she told me the mower's electric so just plug it in and pretend I'm vaccumming the grass with it. [​IMG] I got the first section done, and then had to double back and do the part behind the gate. Somehow I ran over the cord, cut it, and electrocuted my left arm. 15 years later the skin healed but I have no arm hair there. Luckily the fire dept was 1 block down the street and could get the ambulace there (the garage fuse did not trip!).

Moral of the story: no cords!

I'm still not allowed to touch powertools or weedwackers. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: