electric poultry netting.

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by dadof4, Apr 14, 2009.

1. dadof4

dadof4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2008
    mississippi
    Where is the best place to get it and how do you like it?

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
  3. Harp Turkey Ranch

Harp Turkey Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    McCleary, WA
    It is easy compared to building a fence. But it can be a pain to move and if you are in an uneven ground or brush then they are a real pain. We use ours for Goats,Pigs,Turkeys and Chickens. I cut the 2 first strands of electric so they don't short out all the time. Their again if you have great ground with well cut grass should be fine.

We too use Premier 1 fence.

4. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I love Premier! We have a fence we keep our dog in. We use it for the sheep from time to time also. The dog was a fence jumper and when tied out chewed through the line. Now she stays in and is happy. And the plus is I can move the fence around from place to place for the way the shade moves in the summer and to help prevent any single area from being totally torn up. It only took one shock and she respects the fence. I was actually at Premier today to pick up some rush order ear tags. My chickens learned not to touch the fence real quick. I am going to order some more fences soon. [​IMG]

5. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    For those of you that have the premiere 1 fences did you buy the battery packs that they have on their site? It looks like the battery and charger are seperate and the battery only lasts a season or so, is that what your experience has been? Also anyone have the solar panel with it?

6. Harp Turkey Ranch

Harp Turkey Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    McCleary, WA
    For those of you that have the premiere 1 fences did you buy the battery packs that they have on their site? It looks like the battery and charger are seperate and the battery only lasts a season or so, is that what your experience has been? Also anyone have the solar panel with it?

Yes I have the battery packs with our fencing but only used it the one season. The batteries cost too much. I have found that I use the hard wired chargers and they do real good. Now if you have no access to power then the others would be for you, but yes they only last a seaon. We don't get enough sunny days here to do the solar so never tried that route, but have heard alot of mixed reviews from others on them​

7. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I use the solar charger. We have only had ours for a year but it is still working great. We used to have a battery charger but the batteries got too expensive to replace.

8. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I just hook mine up to the already existing horse fence. the one thing I did with our electric netting was disengage the bottom strand, as it kept shortingout on the grass.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by