Electricity in the Coop

Amigatec

Songster
9 Years
Jan 31, 2010
Haskell Oklahoma
How many of you have electricity in the Coop??

I just about have mine wired for lights. I dug a trench from the shed to the coop, stopped by the garden on the way, added a Plugin, and ran the rest of the way to the coop.

I used 1" PVC conduit 100' of 10/2 wground, and plan to add at least a plug and lights to the coop.

I ran electricity to the coop and garden shed a little over a year ago. So much nicer than extension cords running through the trees.

Imp

Same here and DH just gave me a remote control to a flood light he wired in to the end of the coop so I can see my way out to the coop and also play with the dogs in the yard after work in the winter. It is very
cool.png

I still have the extension cords from garage to oak tree overhead out to tall pole by coops. Who knows maybe next year i can rent a trencher/ditchwitch to put cable underground. I would dig it by hand, but have all clay ground. It was bad enough putting in putting in 14 posts for the run on last coop.

we have electricity in our coop - it comes in at 2 locations - 1x for the bug light that works miracles and 1x for the light switch - we also had water runned to our coop - it is much nicer feeding at the coop then the yard tractor.. (alot easier when it comes to staying dry)

We have both power and water; it was built that way. It's quite close to both power and water; it was a minor matter.

What I used to dig the trench was my Mini-Tiller, I have very hard clay and the little tiller makes a nice trencher. I only buried it about 8" deep. But I know where the conduit is so I won't hit it.

Back
Top Bottom