Electrolyes/vitamins...CAN'T BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE1

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Georgia Nana, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Georgia Nana

Georgia Nana Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Kathleen, Georgia
    [​IMG]
    I am a real newbie, but have learned an awfully lot in the last few weeks (mostly thanks to Dawg530). I have suffered along with the 5 mature hens that I bought a month or so ago. I have fans, large covered pen, roost with flow-through ventilation, free range for 3-4 hours in the late afternoon...still my girls were suffering in the heat.

On a lark. I ordered some "Avian Super Pack" electrolyte powder from Jeffers, and began adding to my little flock's water daily.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE!! My girls are jumping, twirling, chasing immaginary bugs...enjoying life! They are still hot, BUT THEY ARE EATING MORE AND LAYING MORE!

Bear in mind...my 5 girls are older, and I thought that I was content with docile old ladies, but no...they just needed a boost like we need Gatorade!

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

2. mk4lh

mk4lh Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2009
    Swanzey
    Quote:Thanks for the tip, I've had to add vitamins and electrolyte powder to my hens also. It did help some but nothing like what you experienced, gonna have to try some for my girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by