Electrolytes

Cole_unger

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2021
I feed my girls a whole grain ration blended with wheat, barley, crushed peas, boss and canola meal and have some teenagers about 6 weeks old im wondering with this feed not having added salt or minerals would stress aid be ok to be used long term i understand there are concerns with the salt content
For the dose i have used 1 gram to 1 gallon of water and have used it off and on for 1 week but before I continue to use it i am wondering what the recommendations are for long term

Much appreciate the help

I feed my girls a whole grain ration blended with wheat, barley, crushed peas, boss and canola meal and have some teenagers about 6 weeks old im wondering with this feed not having added salt or minerals would stress aid be ok to be used long term i understand there are concerns with the salt content
For the dose i have used 1 gram to 1 gallon of water and have used it off and on for 1 week but before I continue to use it i am wondering what the recommendations are for long term

Much appreciate the help
Why aren't you feeding a complete feed? If you want to blend your own feed you need to include a poultry vitamin and mineral pack (I like Fertrell Poultry Nutri-balancer) as well as protein source, like organic fishmeal.

Why aren't you feeding a complete feed? If you want to blend your own feed you need to include a poultry vitamin and mineral pack (I like Fertrell Poultry Nutri-balancer) as well as protein source, like organic fishmeal.
The protein has been calculated to meet their needs but the mineral and vitamin mix is what I have been looking for and so far have only found a local person who recommended stress aid i have contacted a couple feed mills and nutritionists but have received no help i will look into the nutri balancer
Thanks for the help

The protein has been calculated to meet their needs but the mineral and vitamin mix is what I have been looking for and so far have only found a local person who recommended stress aid i have contacted a couple feed mills and nutritionists but have received no help i will look into the nutri balancer
Thanks for the help
It's very hard to meet protein need without a meat source. You should be shooting for 18-20% protein.

Back
Top Bottom