Eliminating egg eating snakes (may seem graphic to some)

Buckguy20

OKIE MOSES
13 Years
Apr 13, 2007
Choctaw Oklahoma
First off is that I don't want to upset anyone that is against eliminating snakes. I know they have a purpose and a use and I have heard all the arguments as to why we should not kill them.
This post is not to raise another heated debate about killing snakes.
That said, my dad has come up with a way to catch snakes that invade chicken nests looking for eggs.
I just spent four days there visiting and during that time he caught five black rat snakes all over five feet long and two of those were over six feet long. Everyone was caught in a nest eating eggs.
All of the snakes he caught were killed.
If there is enough interest I will tell how he caught them by posting here.
Again it is not my interest to start a debate over the killing of snakes but if anyone wants me to share a way to stop snakes from eating eggs and chicks please let me know.

I am interested in how he did it. I respect all living creatures, but I always have to protect my own. I just killed a 5' black snake last week with a 12 gauge, he was trying to get in the chicken pen at night.

Since they are edible you may want to try cooking one so they are not a complete loss. My wife will remove the skin boil the snake and remove the meat then make a soup, they are consider a delicacy in some parts of the world.

ep.gif
:thun How dare you talk about killing snakes!! haha just kidding!
wink.png
I have pet snakes but I would like to know myself...

You asked if we want to know how he caught them not how he killed them. Why the suspense? Yes tell us how he caught them even if killing was part of the catching.

I wish Black Ratsnakes that size were so common here. We have huge ones, but not that many. I'd likely catch them and keep the egg eaters as pets. lol

I'd like to know his method, though. I hate seeing snakes killed, but I would like to know what he is doing that is so effective.

Back
Top Bottom