Elinor, Marianne, Margaret, Willoughby, and Hatley's Chick day logs.

Well, we ended up getting the pullets as planned, but different striaght run breeds (posish and bantam chochin)
So , here is thier promised conversation:

Elanor: I think I like it here. It's not unpleasent like the feed store or Murray mcmurray.
Marrianne: Are you kidding me? Why would you have any reason not to? LIke it, dear Elanor, like it? why would you not LOVE it?
Margaret: you're such a drama queen, Marrinanne!
Whilloby: Me, Elanor, and Hatley had Pasty butt.
Hatley: It was qute an unplasent affair, the worst being the cleaning off.

Marrianne's diary: OUr new home is a cozy metal box, with luxiourious wood shavigs at our feet. I enjoy it very much, it it much better than the old brooder at the feed store. I love the smaller waterer, and the fact that there are fewer roommates. ONe of them--Elinor--I am beginning to feel very close to. I have yet to meet the four older chickens, but hope too soon!

Hatley: I got pasty butt again!
Whilloghby: Same here!
Elinor: I wonder why both the straight run chicks got pasty butt...
Margaret: Of course they do, being most likely boys...
Marrianne: Guess what?! MOmmy is now posting one diary entry per day.

I am so sorry,, I haven't gotten a chance to post lately...
Hatley's diary: I am the silly one in our flock. On my firast day, the humans thought I wouldn't make it. I survived, but I'm clumsy and silly, always falling asleep on my face, or tripping over the feeder. they laugh at me now, especially whilloghby. except Elinor. Ellie's too busy reading to laugh at my episcades. Selena always gives her books to read...right now, for instace, she's reading a textbook on the art of egglaying meant for three month old pullets. Marrianne is the oppisite kind of pullet, friendly and popularbut not at all studious. . Margaret is a slate legged beauty...sweet and bubbly. Whilloghby has a rooster personality...always bossing me!

Hatley: Ha! today was my diary entry day!
Elinor: I'm worried I'll be to shy on my day
Margaret: then I'll say what you dictate to me.
whilloghby: when's my day?
Marrianne: Monday.

Elanor: I'm running out of books!
Marianne: How could you be? Selena gave you six!
Elanor: Yeah, but five were pullet place magazines, and those I can read within seconds! I need more books!!
Willoghby: forget that, girls!
Elanor: Whatcould be more important than books!?
Whilloghby: Mommy said...said that...We're...We're...
Margaret: don't keep us in suspense! We're WHAT?
to be continued...

What? :) btw, you're absolutely correct, Elanor, what's more important than books! Make sure Selena gives you some good, long novels next time! Like maybe Sense and Sensibility, just cause, you know, your'e named after a character from there. :)

Back
Top Bottom