Ello from River Falls Wisconsin

BobLoblaw

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
River Falls, WI
Hello, I'm a recent transplant from South Minneapolis, MN. We (wife and two young kids) just sold our house in South Minneapolis and moved to a 5-acre farmstead on the Kinnickinick River. I have been reading through these forums for weeks now and have found a ton of great info. My wife and I are set on raising 6-8 hens and I've already begun building a new coop (using the old stand-by BuildEazy plans). There is a big'ol timberframe barn on the property, but I'm worried about stability and liked the look of a standalone coop with run. I'll post some building pics in the coop forum later.

Like everything in my life, chickens are my latest obsession, I'm a very obsessive person and I frequent all kinds of forums. I spent years on Vespa forums during my Vespa obsessed days. I've gone through periods of remote control cars, carpentry, Linux, wine, and the list goes on and on. Right now I'm into Chickens and this site rocks, so I'm sure I'll be posting regulary and look forward to lively discussion and learning much from the members. I just returned a book to the library which I found extremely helpful called Living with Chickens. If anyone needs advice on Vespas, Mini-Z remote controlled cars, or wine, please don't hesitate to ask
smile.png

Nice to meet everyone and if anyone is in River Falls and wishes to let me in on any local secrets feel free to contact me.

-Robert Loblaw

Vespa's are a newer breed of giant chickens from Italy, they can lay up to 4 eggs a day and make a barking sound like a dog.

No wait, I mean they are 2-stroke scooters made in Italy. I'm trying to think where you may have seen one on TV...

Here's the site I used to frequent http://www.minnescoota.com

Welcome to BYC, the only place we all start the rat race being an egg!
You mentioned you and the wife are thinking of 6-8 chickens (sounds good) BUT....I got $50.00 you will have more than that, shortly you will buy an incubator and it will be to small so you have to buy another bator...that little tool shed you thought was the chicken house, but look's like the out-house is replaced with a 12 x 18 building with outdoor runs fenced in. I went from building street rods, golfing, hunting to wanting chickens, turkeys and perhaps a pheasant or two.

Back
Top Bottom