Elvis is in the building

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cowboy Joe, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Cowboy Joe

Cowboy Joe Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2009
    Western NY
    Yep, "There's a whole lot a shakin' goin' on' in the incubator. Some of the eggs are motoring around pretty good. One jumbo coturnix hatched early last night. Worked out perfect as my youngest DD and I were there to watch...I never get tired of seeing the miracle of a chick hatch. It's even better when I can share the event with the kids.

Been up since 2 AM...couldn't sleep. Go figure. Three more jumbos and one Texas hatched before I had to leave for work. Another 3 dozen to go. Bummer, I want to stay home and watch.

2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Isn't it neat to share such a wonderful experience with kids?! I was a kindergarten teacher for many years and hatching chicks in the classroom was my #1 fave activity of all. Congratulations on your babies and I can relate to the wanting to stay home and watch. I used to stay at school for hours after the kids went home. [​IMG]

3. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    We hatched our first eggs last weekend and from now on I'm going to make sure that day 21 will land on a Saturday so our 6 year old daughter won't miss a thing! Luckily I set these last eggs on a Sunday and they most hatched all day long on a Sunday.
    Carolyn

4. Cowboy Joe

Cowboy Joe Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2009
    Western NY
    I'll never forget the wonder in my daughters' faces as the first time we watched eggs hatch many years ago. Oldest DD is off at college but the youngest is still around to enjoy the miracle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by