Elvis

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Majikthise, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Majikthise

Majikthise Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

His name is Elvis due to obvious sideburn reasons. He doesn't have a tail either so I think he is an Araucana or a mix.

How can you tell what age your chicken is? We bought three from an auction recently, and I have no idea.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wish I could help you with his age. But, he sure is adorable, and I love the name Elvis, it fits him so well! [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

He DOES look like an Elvis!!! Very cute bird. I don't know how to tell the age of a bird. If he was a horse, you could look at his teeth! LOL But I don't think looking into his beak will tell you much. [​IMG]

Good luck with your new birds!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    You can't really age chickens by their physical appearance. Elvis does look healthy, though, and that's what counts. What kind of crow does he have?

5. Majikthise

Majikthise Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    A loud and obnoxious one, but I think that is how they all sound. [​IMG]

6. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    I had a Polish Crested rooster for a while that I called Elvis Poultry. It's a great name for a chicken.

He's probably an auracana mix like you said. The comb looks to be indicative of something else, but I couldn't say what.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by