email addresses

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Katy, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I just noticed that the email links are gone....has it been that way for awhile and I just didn't notice it?

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    wow I just emailed someone on one yesterday so what is up hmm?

henry

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

This was part of a system upgrade and was done in response to spam messages being sent via email.

4. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    That must have changed in a matter of a day or two. I swear I seen them just the other day.

5. Eryn

Eryn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Any plans to allow us to get email notification for PM's? I know I preferred emailing people because they got back to me much quicker using email... I definitely understand needs to stop spam though!

6. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    The spam thing was why I never put down my email here in the first place. But I dont agree that PM's can be hard to notice unless you are really looking for them. I have gone weeks before I have noticed some of mine.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks....it's good to know what happened. I very rarely used the email option. I think as far as not noticing your pm's, it's just a matter of getting in the habit of checking for them.

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I never got BYC spam in my email.

9. I noticed it this morning, too.
    That stinks!
    [​IMG]

Lisa

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Was spam being sent from members to members? How odd - well thankfully they never "got" me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by